What to Wear in South East Asia

January 26, 2020


It's been 2 weeks since I landed back in Baltimore from my trip to Vietnam. It still feels like a dream! 
I wanted to write a blog post on fashion while traveling to South East Asia since my outfits were such a big part of my experience there. Below, I have listed a few tips for fashion while traveling in South East Asia!

1) Dress to Explore

During my experience in Vietnam, climbing and hiking were two essential parts of my trip. Even though fashion is a huge part of my life, I had to keep in mind that every outfit I brought had to be practical for exploring. Thus, I wore a lot of flowy pants and good walking shoes. Even though it was hot, sandals were a BIG NO NO. Overall, make sure you're dressed to get the most out of your trip. 


2) Dress Cool

As I stated above, I wore a lot of flowy pants. That's because South East Asia is HOT! Even though you may look cute with your hair down and makeup prepped at the beginning of the day, by noon your hair will be up and makeup off! Just make sure your outfits reflect how hot it is.





3) Dress Conservatively

One thing I was super excited to experience during my time in South East Asia was the Buddhist temples. However, most temples require you to have your shoulders and knees covered. Even though some days were planned to go into temples, other days we just found cool ones on our hikes. It would be most respectful to dress conservatively while going into these temples. With this being said, the heat is still a major factor. I wore a lot of long skirts and light flowy tops to ensure I was always covered while staying cool. 





4) Bring a Backpack

Nothing screams explorer more than having a backpack to carry everything in. I loved my Fjällräven Kånken bag. My roommate and I both got them for this trip for Christmas and they hold so much! We both got the regular sized bag; mine was in Peach Pink and hers was in Super Grey. However, my other friend just brought her regular school backpack and it held just as much stuff!





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Forever Prepster. Design by FCD.