March 2020 Update

March 15, 2020

I am lost for words with what is happening around us.
2020 was supposed to be our year...a year of traveling, a year of graduating, a year of growth.
However, in the time span of 1 week, that all changed for me.
When I heard the news of the Loyola Maryland campus evacuation, my mind was full of uncertainty. The uncertainty that I would see my friends again. The uncertainty that I would even graduate with my class. My mind has been in shambles and I am struggling to process what is happening around me.
Loyola did not give me the option to stay on campus. I had to drive back to Connecticut last Friday. I tried to stay on campus as long as possible but the school did not give us the option to stay on campus. Going home for me is a toxic and negative environment. I try to go home as less as possible. However, I am now in Connecticut until after Easter (if the evacuation does not get extended). As I have been at home, I am trying to take time to reflect on the situation, because there's nothing left to do but to stay positive.

I wanted a year of traveling.
Even though my year of traveling was cut short due to the Coronavirus. However, I am thankful for the time I had traveling so far. I had the opportunity to go to Vietnam and Spain with my best friends. We had the mindset to make the most of our senior year and I am glad we got to spend time together before departing campus. To Olivia and Leah, I am thankful to have you two in my life. You have both brought me so much joy into my life when I was internally struggling. You have made my senior year at Loyola the best school year of my life and I can never repay you for that. I am glad we had the opportunity to go on at least two trips together before our senior year was cut short.

I wanted a year of graduating. 
During the months of March and April, Loyola hosts many events for our senior class. As the weather gets warmer, the campus becomes more alive with students anxious to spend time outside and take in all the beauty Loyola has to offer. These were the memories I was looking forward to ever since freshman year. These two months were stolen from us. I am looking forward to moving to Baltimore in May. I am praying that Loyola makes up to the senior class what the world has taken from us this year. This is truly troubling times but we must ensure we stay positive with the odds we have been given.

I wanted a year of growth.
As I was looking around my room today, I was drawn to my orchid. Seeing my orchid grow despite all of the craziness outside is the gentlest reminder that growth will happen despite the disruption. This has reminded me to keep my head up (and drink water and get sunlight) and I'll be growing through these troubled times too. We all have to remember that conversations will not be canceled. Relationships will not be canceled. Love will not be canceled. Songs will not be canceled. Reading will not be canceled. Self-care will not be canceled. Hope will not be canceled. I am going to take this time to grow internally.

May we all lean into the good stuff that remains.

For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light. -Micah 7:8

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Forever Prepster. Design by FCD.