Celebrating Earth Day

April 22, 2018


Happy Earth Day!

Yesterday, I went to the National Zoo in Washington D.C. to celebrate Earth Day weekend, and it turned into a day I would never forget. 


This was the first time ever that I actually went out in the world and did something specifically for Earth Day. I usually just live it like any regular day but this time I decided to take it into my own hands and do something fun!






My best friend and I went to the zoo and they were hosting a bunch of Earth Day festivities. For example, they had guests write on a chalk board how they would celebrate "Earth Optimism"! There were people in booths teaching children how to plant their own flowers and games about recycling. 








My favorite part about the zoo was of course going to see the animals. It was a gorgeous day in the District so we got to the zoo super early to beat all the lines! We had the opportunity to see the pandas, get close to the elephants and even see the new baby gorilla, Moke! 







After the zoo, my friend and I went to the National Mall and road bikes from the Capital to the Washington  Monument! This was probably my favorite part of my day because I really got to experience how beautiful our Nation's Capital is. 



Overall, celebrating Earth Day was a day I would never forget. It really made me realize how amazing the Earth is and we need to change things before it gets worse. I want to be able to travel the world and experience everything this planet has to offer, from the mountains to the sea. However, nothing will ever fix it's self. So I'm going to leave off my blog post with one of my favorite childhood quotes...


"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." 
-The Lorax

-Jenna

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Forever Prepster. Design by FCD.