What It's Like Going to School So Close to D.C.

February 2, 2018


I'm currently in my sophomore year at Loyola University Maryland in Baltimore; and I study  history and political science. Even though being in Baltimore has its perks, one of my favorite parts of living here is only being an hour from our nation's capital!

D.C. has so much to offer and I try to go as often as I can!



It is SO easy to get to D.C. from Baltimore! I just take the MARC train from Penn Station in Baltimore to Union Station in D.C. for just $16 ROUND TRIP! You can't get much of a better deal then that!



I go to D.C. because there's so much history for me to explore. For those of you who know me, I'm a real history geek! (and I still think that's an understatement!) Every time I go, I learn more and more about our nation's history!

For example, last year, I was lucky enough to attend the Presidential Inauguration! It was one of the best experiences and I am so happy I was able to witness such an important time in our nation's history.


My favorite place to go is the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. Being in a space that has actual primary sources from so long, long ago leaves me in awe. I never lose that amazing feeling no matter how many times I go and look at the same exhibits!

Another amazing place I love going to is the National Mall! Just from walking around the capital to glaring up to the top of the Washington Memorial, it always makes for a great day! Sometimes, I'll just go just to walk  across the Mall to get my steps in so I'm getting exercise while having fun!


Finally, being so close to D.C. means taking field trips to the city! Last year, I was taking an Art History course, which I absolutely HATED by the way. However, our professor took the class on a trip to the National Gallery of Art. It was an amazing experience because I had the opportunity to see the pieces of art we were learning about first hand! Another time, Loyola advertised that a World War II history course I wasn't in was going to the Holocaust Museum. I decided to just hop on the trip and I had a humbling time learning more about WWII history since that's one of my favorite things to study.

Overall, living so close to D.C. has really enriched my education and I am so blessed for the opportunity to go as often as I can!
-Jenna

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Forever Prepster. Design by FCD.