What's It Like to be Out of My Teens!

March 2, 2018


My 20th birthday was this past Wednesday (YAY!) and I've been looking forward to getting out of my teens for a long time. I feel like when you turn 20, people start taking you more seriously and you're getting ready for the real world.

However, I went to class today and was really thinking...what if I'm not ready for the real world?

Loyola is doing a great job prepping me for internships and life post college. However, I don't know if I want to grow up just yet. I feel like I'm just starting my life and it's moving way too fast. 

So, I decide that 20 is going to be my year to make real goals for myself...and not short term goals either. Real, lifetime long goals.

When one decides it's time to decide the fate of ones life, there are certain steps involved. The largest part is that you need to come to terms with yourself. You can show people a facade all you want, but when it comes you recognizing yourself, you need to be honest. You need to come to terms with yourself, for better or worse, because trying to fool yourself isn't going to put you on the right path

One thing that everyone should focus more on, especially on a birthday, is self acceptance. While I turn over a new page in my life to begin a new chapter, I turn over a new page in myself, one that allows me to be the real me, ignore negative energies, and to put my best forward and start living my best life possible. Happy 20th Birthday, Me!!

-Jenna

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Forever Prepster. Design by FCD.