First time at the Cape? Live like a Local!

July 16, 2018



This past weekend, I went to Cape Cod for the first time! Surprised right? I just never had the time to go before! One of my  best friends from college finally invited me down to her summer home in Wellfleet, MA and I couldn't say no! Since she has been going t0 the Cape since she's been very young, she showed me how to live it up like a local while still keeping a preppy mindset!

Friday Night

We got to the beach house Friday night and it was beautiful! Since we were starving from the 3 hour ride there, we wanted to get a quick bite to eat! She took me to Mac's on the Pier; it's an outdoor seafood shack on Mayo Beach! I do have to say, the lobster rolls were AMAZING! After we ate, she wanted to show me some classic Cape Cod scenery so we went to the overlook at Marconi Beach. It was truly breath taking and we both got some amazing photos of course (peep how awesome the golden hour light was!) It was definitely a relaxing night after a long afternoon of driving!




Saturday

We spent the whole day at the Cape on Saturday and it was amazing! We kept breakfast short and sweet by making pancakes (110% recommend Kodiak Cakes!) We spent most of the morning at the beach to beat the tourists who came in the afternoon. We went to Mayo Beach and it was SUNNY AND 75! Just relaxing and soaking up the sun was a great way to kickstart the morning! Next, we took a drive up to Chatham, MA to SHOP TIL WE DROPPED! There were so many cute eateries and stores (and Lilly Pulitzer of course!) That night, we just got pizza and ate on the beach since we were so pooped out from carrying all our bags! The beach photos are in my awesome Billa Bong cropped sweatshirt!

P.S. I got a lot of compliments on my lobster skirt while I was in Chatham! It's from Talbots! (Similar one tagged) 










Sunday Morning

As my quick weekend trip to the Cape was coming to a close, my friend and I went to downtown Wellfleet and got smoothie bowls! I must say, they were the best smoothie bowls I ever had! We went to a little organic smoothie place called BŌL and I got the North Sea bowl. The bowl included: frozen banana, frozen mango, coconut butter + E3 Live blue majik topped with:granola, toasted coconut, banana! Totally recommend!




After we ate, it was time to head on back to Connecticut. It was a great little trip and I'm glad I got to spend it with such a good friend! I can't wait to go back in the near future!

-Jenna



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Forever Prepster. Design by FCD.